How Inner Change Works

How Inner Change Works

Question: You say that God can and wants to turn my personal weaknesses into strong points. I’ve prayed for that, but so far nothing has changed. Why doesn’t God answer my prayer?

Answer: It sounds like you expect God to work an overnight wonder in you, with nothing required of you beyond wanting and praying to do better. That’s not the way it works. God will do for you what only He can do, but He also expects you to do what you can. It takes both. Personal growth is a partnership.

God heard your prayer and brought the desired answer into the realm of possibility the instant you prayed, but now it is up to you to put the answer into effect and make it a reality; you need to start acting changed, even if you don’t feel changed. If you prayed to be less negative and critical of others, for example, you need to make an effort to be positive and see the good in others. God will inspire positive thoughts and help you catch yourself when you begin to become negative or critical, but then you have to follow His lead and deliberately choose the good and reject the bad. Desiring to change and praying for that was the right choice, but now you need to make that choice over and over until it becomes second nature.

Inner change is a process that takes commitment, time, effort, and patience, but it is one of the most rewarding experiences in life.

Romans 12:1-2 ESV – I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Psalms 34:5 KJV – Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.

Matthew 5:8 KJV – Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

1. jonnie
    July 30, 2014, 6:53 pm   /  Reply

God wants us to be our best therefore if commit to Him He will be faithful to complete that in which He started in us the road, the time, any the way is ours to determine.

2. treasure
    July 30, 2014, 7:51 pm   /  Reply

God hear us when we pray.He brought the desired answer into the realm of possibility ,but now it is up to us to put the answer into effect and make it a reality; we need to start acting changed, even if you don’t feel changed.

3. Brandi
    July 30, 2014, 8:15 pm   /  Reply

“you need to start acting changed, even if you don’t feel changed.”

-I don’t agree with this. The Lord said when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, you will enter the kingdom. This means you should not create an “image” of yourself, or to yourself. It is when you “strip off your clothes without being ashamed” the Lord reveals Himself within you. That is to say, be who you are, on the inside and the outside alike. Shortcomings, weaknesses, faults and the like. If the Father wishes to strengthen your weaknesses as you have asked for, He will. But the approach may not look like that to you, while undergoing the process.

Stay with prayer and be in Gladness. 🙂

4. ana
    August 16, 2014, 12:02 am   /  Reply

I live in Brazil and I’m used to beautiful texts but this touched me

5. timothy
    August 27, 2014, 6:40 am   /  Reply

trying to find myself and this lonely life that we live in happiness I’m looking for with my kids to be happy at my heart to be free.

6. LaRochelle Stribling
    August 3, 2016, 3:41 am   /  Reply

Nobody said that this walk of faith would be easy,but believe me it is more than worth the time & effort it takes to get to where God is leading you!!!!😂

7. July 31, 2018, 1:20 am   /  Reply

YES! LORD! THIS WAS RIGHT ON POINT FOR ME AT THIE POINT OR MY LIFE! THANK YOU! FATHER! THE SON!& THE HOLY! GHOST! AMEN!

8. Surdelta Sirmans
    July 31, 2018, 9:30 am   /  Reply

I thank the Lord for that message.

9. Surdelta sirmans