HARD TIMES

At the time I’m writing this, my car has been giving me trouble. It’s been like this for a while; and whenever it seems like it’s fixed, it’s not long before something goes wrong again. It’s already cost quite a bit of time and money, and it’s looking like more will be required before the root problem is found. When things don’t work the way they should, I get stressed, and this has been my nemesis of late.

Perhaps you’re going through a rough patch too. Or maybe you’re facing a major hardship or heartbreak. Maybe you recently lost your job or someone you were close to. Maybe you’ve been beaten down one too many times, and you just can’t imagine that anything good can happen in your life, that you could catch a break.

Whatever you’re dealing with, you’re not alone. Jesus Himself experienced hard times—He even asked His Father if it was really necessary to go through with His trial and execution.

Sometimes our hardships can be so overwhelming that we become paralyzed. When we feel trapped by fear or grief, unable to take the tiniest step toward recovery, what we need most is a guide—someone or something to give hope and illuminate the path toward healing. It can be a friend, an inspirational book or website, music, or most importantly, God. No matter what our circumstance or difficulty, we can rest assured that God will always be faithful.

If you happen to be struggling today, or if you know someone else who is careworn, then you have come to the right place for healing. I hope my car will—eventually—run as good as new. What is more certain is that God will help you through your difficulty. His Word promises “The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.”

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ESV / But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV / No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

1 John 4:4 ESV / Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

1. truesheep
    March 14, 2016, 1:09 am   /  Reply

The pictures you use are inappropriate and weird. Hardly “godly” and mostly just wordly. The articles seem like made up nonsense and the ads are the opposite of virtuous. Deleting app.

• March 15, 2016, 5:10 am   /  Reply

You have a problem with the pictures being used? I am assuming an unattractive picture would be much more godly. As far as made up articles go, you must live in a paradise where nothing bad ever happens, is it nice there? I’m sure that your life is complete without the fellowship of others!

2. Tracey
    March 14, 2016, 4:17 am   /  Reply

While I can’t speak for the previous commenter (disappointed as they seem to be with the app), I can say I am one who is grateful for your devotionals! It’s obvious by the requested reapplication of Scripture (as they had been removed), is a sign that you listen, and care! Thanks for sharing your stories , and the hope you have received in Christ, as a result of simply living!

Thanks you! And may God richly blessed all contributors, site managers, and readers, too! Always a pleasure, to share Let Jesus Help You devotionals!

3. Richard
    March 14, 2016, 7:05 am   /  Reply

How true! What you wrote is exactly what I’m going through right now – car trouble, job lost, marital problems, etc. Thanks for the reminder that our God is faithful and His grace is sufficient for us. I know for sure that I have hope and strength to overcome the hardships I’m facing with His promises.

4. March 14, 2016, 8:29 am   /  Reply

I love reading anything thats concerning God,i am going through money issues as well as not having now enough money to help with my wedding thats about to take place and needing food etc.gas for work my son been sick with an infection in his stomach having me to miss over two weeks of work my future hubby is so overwhelm with having to pay for everything etc.but i do know one thing for sure what u were saying is all true and i loved it.if we contiue to be content and stay foccus on our God then i know everything will come together for the good if we just hold on and be still,he has shown me so many times i couldnt dare to count so we as children just need to stay prayed up cause God is indeed amazing period point blank.love u all

5. Demitrus
    March 14, 2016, 11:23 am   /  Reply

Keep doing what you are doing, because the devil
    don’t like what you are doing that’s why you got that first comment.

6. Emelia
    March 17, 2016, 4:50 pm   /  Reply

I don’t know where to begin from but the devil is a liar. The devil want me think nothing good can come my way but he failed to realized that nothing can move me but the word of God. He has touched my finances but forgot that the world and all that is in it belongs to God, he is using my husband, my benefactors and friends against me but also failed to realize that king’s heart is in the Lord’s hand and he can direct them when and where He wishes. He tries to make things impossible in my life but forgot that with God all things are possible. He tries to make healing to my health impossible but once again failed to realize that He is the great Physician who heals and Doctors take credit. Let the redeem of the Lord say so Amen.

• CherylAnn Holtz
      March 14, 2018, 7:51 am   /  Reply

AMEN!

7. Lania
    March 17, 2016, 6:23 pm   /  Reply

Thank you for once again placing scripture at the end of your devotional passages.

8. Deanna Lynn
    May 1, 2016, 12:08 pm   /  Reply

Heavenly Father
    Your words speak in ways that no man could ever put together and touch our hearts, our souls, our minds, and our spirits! Heavenly Father tonight your words touched ever so deeply Father.
    Thank you Holy Spirit for using and touching my beautiful brothers and sisters to write your words Father! Heavenly Father bless the hands that writes your words, give them strength to carry out your work, give them endurance, and continue Father blessing them from the crown of their heads to the bottom of their feet. Precious Father let everything be your will. In Jesus precious name Amen.
    Thank you so much I needed every word today that was written, expressed, I am going through a rough Valley, a season that is overwhelming.
    This app is thousands of stars!!

9. Laura Cunningham
    February 7, 2017, 3:54 am   /  Reply

Breathtakingly apt as usual. So many times your devotional has breathed life into my day and it has done so again today
    Keep doing what you are doing. It is well!

10. Mathilene Finkie
    March 14, 2018, 2:14 am   /  Reply

Many thanks for this article it met my immediate needs. God l pray to see me through my difficult times while, l trust and lean on him for direction and counsel.
    God bless us

11. Michael nwisane
    March 14, 2018, 4:07 am   /  Reply

Truly, we need to depend on God who has all solutions to our problems. When you think that you can handle your issues you fall into more trouble. This msg is timely, more so when we fall into diverse problems we have a wonderful helper who is always ready to assist. Call upon Him now.