UNDER CONTROL

UNDER CONTROL

I like the definition of meekness that’s in my Bible dictionary. It says meekness is “an attitude of humility toward God and gentleness toward men, springing from a recognition that God is in control.” It is strength and courage under control, coupled with kindness.

This kind of meekness is having faith and peace, because you know God’s in control. You can be mild and quiet of nature, because you’re full of faith. You have the assurance that God’s going to work things out no matter how incredibly overwhelming or desperate the situation might be.

You have faith, and therefore you have trust. You’re mild because you’re not frantically trying to work up a solution in your own strength. You’re not depending on your own talent, your own wisdom, your own charisma, but on the Lord, and that calmness translates to others as the Lord’s presence right there with you. They know everything’s okay, because you have that meekness, that quietness of spirit about you.

James 4:6 ESV / But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

Luke 14:11 ESV / For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Proverbs 22:4 ESV / The reward for humility and fear of the Lord is riches and honor and life.

1. chi chi
    June 14, 2015, 10:43 pm   /  Reply

“This kind of meekness is having faith and peace, because you know God’s in control. You can be mild and quiet of nature, because you’re full of faith. You have the assurance that God’s going to work things out no matter how incredibly overwhelming or desperate the situation might be”.
    Thank you for this teaching.

2. June 22, 2015, 5:04 pm   /  Reply

Warm greetings,
    Thank you for this awesome motivation.
    I have read this post 3 times but it still sounds new. In deed, God is in control, and we shouldn’t try to do it all ourselves because He has got us covered. All we need is to always remember He is in total control always.
    More of that…
    Thanks!
    Regards

3. Stephen
    June 15, 2017, 1:58 am   /  Reply

@ Chi chin Jude Ikenna thanks 4 ur contribution…Meekness is given total submissiveness which takes the grace of God to follow…..The word of God is d best lecture ever

4. Valencia
    June 15, 2017, 5:36 am   /  Reply

I’m so Grateful for Jesus tecahing to have faith and fear my Lord. This my sound funny, but I truely live my life with this belief. I hear my friends and see people worrying about life and bills and fearing man. I just shake my head. Because, I don’t pay bills my Father in heaven pays them. Sometime, I may open them to see how Blessed I’m. I don’t worry about life because it’s not mine, my life belongs to my Father. And he has all control and direction for me. Thank you Lord. The fearing of man has never worried me, because I’m covered in the BLOOD OF JESUS. So, I’m thankful for God grace, wisdom and protection.. Lay your worries on Gods word and promises you will be so much happier with no worry just Faith.. Love the Lord. Give YOURSELF to God as a living Sacrifice. Amen💞

5. Rochwyn Fernandes
    June 15, 2017, 11:47 am   /  Reply

Thank you for enlightening me. I try hard to give all glory, honour, and praise to HIM who is my all. Thank you Lord Jesus for being merciful to me inspite of my ingratitude. Praise you Jesus, Adore you Jesus, Love you Jesus.
    Amen
    Rochwyn

6. Avis
    June 15, 2017, 4:37 pm   /  Reply

Thank you for this lesson. God always give you what you need when you need it. Sometime he has to put me in a situation to remind me of who he is and to help me to keep looking up to which my help come from and all my help come from the Lord. And we can trust and believe that I thank you. God is a good God

7. Tony
    June 15, 2017, 5:22 pm   /  Reply

Thank u my loving God.teaching me in lost lyrical love devotions of third world country’s odd yet energetic inbreed powerdrinkers class of can’t win but love of suffering is undeniably sour indefinantly such needs of purification.fearlessly
    sweating saddens sorry slipped toungues of blasphemous angered loggers n disloyal married wives of lost liberty’s of failing love promotions.

8. June 16, 2017, 8:58 am   /  Reply

I’m happy with faith it give me tranquility and freedom to be humble and at peace knowing that christ Jesus has my back in all things in my life thank you Lord you are worthy to be praised Amen.