E-mailing Jesus

E-mailing Jesus

When a close friend moved away, I felt alone and worried about not having anyone to talk to, seek advice from, and confide in. I very much missed having that special link with someone, but I soon discovered that I could have the same kind of personal connection with Jesus that I had enjoyed with my dear friend.

I decided to get up earlier each morning than I had been in order to take an hour to read God’s Word and hear from Jesus in prophecy before I did anything else. These have become my daily “talk times” with Jesus, and they really do the trick!

Since I can type faster than I can write, I do this on my computer. I start by typing a prayer in which I share my heart with Jesus—just as though I were writing Him a letter or e-mail. I tell Him what’s been happening with me, what I expect to face that day, and anything that may be bothering me. He already knows these things, of course, but it really helps to commit it all to Him in prayer. When I type “Amen,” it’s like clicking on the “send” button on my e-mail program. My prayer, like an e-mail message, has been sent off to the courts of Heaven for Jesus to read.

That’s great, but even better is that I don’t have to wait for hours, days, or weeks for a reply. As soon as I send my e-mail, the reply comes. I just type out the message as I hear Jesus speak to my heart, and it nearly always contains all the answers, comfort, instruction, peace, and inspiration I need to see me through the day. If not, I shoot off another e-mail to Jesus asking Him to fill in the gaps, and He does.
This special time with Jesus in the morning has been such a help that I’ve gotten in the habit of e-mailing Him a couple of times a day, especially when things come up unexpectedly and I need His opinion or advice. Usually it just takes a few minutes, and the clear, simple advice and solutions He gives always make it time well spent.

I now enjoy the companionship and confidence of new friends and co-workers, but I am hooked on my e-mail times with Jesus. They have become my way of telling Him how much I love and need and depend on Him, as well as a great opportunity to thank Him for all He does for me. In return, He sends me all I need to meet and make it through the day a winner. I like that part too!

1 John 5:14-15 (ESV) And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

Philippians 4:6-7 (ESV) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

John 14:13-14 (ESV) Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

1. March 11, 2015, 11:38 pm   /  Reply

[…] Did Jesus Return Invisibly In 1914Love Leads Us Home {following Christ to Calvary}, Day 10: Scripture-ReadingJesus Christ – As an IntercessionJesus Moment – Channeling Erik® – Channeling Erik®Keeping Jesus in Christmas!RED HEIFER PROPHECYMinistering to a Lawless Church and SocietyRebuilding Your Sex Life After Years of RefusalLet Jesus Help You […]

2. March 12, 2015, 4:24 am   /  Reply

Jesus u promise all we to do is… ask and i shall receive. ..
    Well i ask u to heal me to new health
    I have chrome decease hearth problem
    I,m diabetic and have allergies from all med..i took
    Ooh God my Lord heal me totaly i believe in you word n Jesus name Amen
    Help me so i can help other one day now i,m stuck to the house because of toilet!!!!
    in 2009 i, receive jesus…in..my heart..n was baptize. .
    I beleive u will bless me with ur healing in Jesus Name Amen

3. BK
    March 12, 2015, 2:27 pm   /  Reply

jesus your love is everlasting and unconditional…thank you for everything….please fill me with your presence every time…
    amen

4. Stephen
    March 11, 2017, 9:32 pm   /  Reply

Dear Jesus my ĺife in a muddle no job am looking for work but do need to have a little helping hand amen

5. miki pipo
    March 12, 2017, 4:15 am   /  Reply

it is very joyful application.

6. March 12, 2017, 4:34 am   /  Reply

Jesus I am asking you to guide me to be the person you know I should be. I have been along for 6 years along I found someone he is really amazing help me and help him to do what’s right in your eyes. I love you but if everyday I feel like I’ve falling off my path to you. Help me please I really need you Jesus. Lula

7. March 12, 2017, 4:50 am   /  Reply

This is very good to do. In Human Relations class in High School, we kept a Journal of our thoughts. I rather like & trust in prayer to God, Jesus & HolySpirit. Through your Faith-You WILL get answered by our Heavenly Father. “It is impossible to please God without Faith”

8. March 12, 2017, 7:31 am   /  Reply

i think to email Jesus is a great idea!

9. Carol
    March 12, 2017, 8:49 am   /  Reply

God I Thank you for giving me back my joy thank you in advance for the victory in every area of my life what ever I have I will be content and not complain thank you in advance for the doors you open and the ones you shut I will remain humble as I wait and trust you Amen your daughter

10. Michael Gramlick
    March 12, 2017, 9:04 am   /  Reply

Dear God send your son Jesus into my heart has for Jesus to forgive me of my sins to cleanse my from the inside out to give me guidance cut my hair with some to ask for forgiveness but I may forgive those who trespass against me oh Lord I am guilty I am a center I need help on a day-to-day basis I am nothing without you and I am everything because of you help me Father God to be the man that you will need to be good I may be a blessing to others then I may help others but I may have love in my heart for others as you have love for me give me a my son’s name of the father the name of the son and the name of the Holy Ghost I pray that you live inside me around me and everything I do will be pleasing to your will in Jesus name I pray amen

11. March 12, 2017, 10:26 am   /  Reply

Thank you god and jesues for letting me wake up and I thank you so much for listening to my prayers and knowing that I love you and trust you and belive in you and your son jesues amen

12. Theresa
    March 12, 2017, 10:42 am   /  Reply

Dear Jesus my name is Theresa I fell and broke my wrist but they said the bone don’t go back in the right place so I have to do Sergey but I don’t want to Jesus you said ask and you shall receive so Jesus I am asking you to heal my hand please

13. Theresa
    March 12, 2017, 10:45 am   /  Reply

14. Ann
    March 12, 2017, 10:51 am   /  Reply

I think this IS a very special way to share your time with Jesus,it will especially appeal to younger or new followers of His way

• Dayra Z Barnfield
      March 12, 2017, 9:58 pm   /  Reply

Hi Ann, I was thinking the same. Nowadays almost everyone knows how to use technology. I will give it a try because I love writing. I am trying to keep a journal, but I can type faster than writing and I know He always answer our prayers, no matter how small they might seen to us. I am recuperating from total knee replacement and today I can say He has been listening to all my prayers; I feel so much better, I can walk way better than before and with almost no pain. His plans are always better than ours. Thank you Father for your unconditional love!! Amen.

15. K
    March 12, 2017, 11:57 am   /  Reply

Dear Jesus i know im not worthy to call on your name but your worxs says you will never leave us or forsake us. I come to you Lord as i adk for forgiveness and repent of my sins. I neef you in my life..i need to feel your presence..your closeness and i need to have a relationship with u as i seek your face i bring my friend case to you for deliverance..u know everything that is happening…i havr faith and believe that victory ovetcome all evil. Thank you Lord…please come into my life as i make u my Lord and Savior…i love you.

16. March 15, 2017, 1:48 am   /  Reply

D. F. S. Has my grandson. His dad has done everything they tell him to do but they still won’t let him see him. I have prayed and prayed until I don’t know what else to pray for. I know God will give back I just don’t know when. I so despartely need to see and talk to him in has been a year now. Please pray for us