Give it All to Jesus

Forgiving and forgetting is one of the most difficult things for a person to do. But whenever we give our hurts to the Lord and tell Him, “Jesus, take this. I don’t want it anymore. I’m tired of it,” He covers the wounds and hurts and pain with His love and makes us whole again.

The Lord understands every situation and the heart of every man. We may never understand why someone acted a certain way or why they did whatever it was they did to us, but it’s not a matter of understanding, it’s a matter of forgiving. Yet forgiving is often difficult; it doesn’t come naturally. That’s why the Lord says we need His help to do it. We get the love and grace to forgive from Him.

Bad things happen to everyone. It’s how we handle troubles, problems, hurts, and disappointments that counts. When we allow ourselves to become resentful over things that hurt us, resentfulness will lead to bitterness. And bitterness, if it is allowed to follow its course, will make us weaker and weaker in spirit. With time, the heart and mind will be more receptive to other negative thoughts about other situations and other people. Bitterness is like a plow that prepares the heart for the seeds of dissatisfaction and discouragement. If you don’t let it all go and give it to the Lord, it will eventually destroy you and probably do a lot of damage to others in the process.

When you have bitterness or resentment in your heart, you often don’t see things clearly. Even special little things, little rewards of the Lord’s love, don’t mean as much because bitterness blinds you to the good. But once you give that to the Lord, you can see things better and feel and experience the Lord’s love a lot more.

It’s not as though that hurt or pain never happened, but the Lord is able to take those circumstances and turn them into something beautiful in your life.

Nothing can change the fact that those bad things happened, but the effect that they have on you today can be changed. They can be buried, they can be left behind, they can be shed, and victory can come out of them. Good can come of it, and you can find freedom in letting those things go. It’s not as though that hurt or pain never happened, but the Lord is able to take those circumstances–as dark, sad, hurtful, painful, or unjust as they may have been–and turn them into something beautiful in your life.

When you truly give it all to the Lord, then He’s able to pour the elixir of His love, with all its healing power, into your heart in full measure. He can soothe, He can mend, He can heal any hurt, any pain, any past, and He will. All that He asks is that you let go.

It’s also good to remind yourself that you also need forgiveness. Jesus said that if we forgive those who have wronged us, our Father in Heaven would also forgive us (Mark 11:25-26). When you realize that you have also made mistakes or wrong decisions that have hurt others and that you also need a lot of forgiveness and mercy, it helps you to extend forgiveness and mercy to others.

And of course once you’ve given it all to the Lord, you need to keep giving it to Him. Once you have forgiven and forgotten, you need to carefully guard your spirit and fight critical thoughts that could lead to future resentment and bitterness. You must learn to resist the temptation to dwell on hurts and think bad thoughts about people who wrong you. This negative, critical attitude will eat away at you. It will make you unhappy, unfulfilled, dissatisfied, discontented, and bitter.

Keep coming to the Lord and loving Him and committing all to Him, and He will never fail you. Even if people fail or situations fail or you feel like you’ve failed, the Lord never fails! His plan never fails, His love never fails, and He has His hand on your life. If you can believe and act on that, you’ll be a lot happier.

Forgive, forget, forsake bitterness, and move forward. As you do, He will fill you with His Spirit; He will give you a loving, tender, compassionate, giving heart; He will make you a stronger, better person; and He will be able to use you as a vessel of His love and a pillar that others can lean on. In other words, He will make you more like Him!

Making Things Right, From Jesus

Making Things Right, From Jesus

Forgiveness vs. Revenge

Forgiveness vs. Revenge

Prayer for the Day, Trusting God

Prayer for the Day, Trusting God

1. Whit Erv
    September 5, 2012, 1:22 pm   /  Reply

This is apart of my daily reading.

2. Hiedi
    May 2, 2013, 9:19 pm   /  Reply

One thing I’ve learned is that bitterness and resentment not only effect us mentally but also physically. Forgiving allows not just the mind to heal but also the body. Best relief I ever had was just letting go and letting God.

3. Khalie
    May 16, 2013, 12:39 am   /  Reply

i honestly need this. :'( well, i (sort of) hate someone because of the way she acts. she’s flirting with my boyfriend. she’s a christian, by the way. but she’s totally misbehaving. i’m really hating her. i rebuked her once but she didn’t even plan to change. she continued to misbehave and it really made me hate her more. :'( and i’m hating myself because of this situation. i can’t get out of this hatred. :'( please pray for me…

4. Paige Lovelace
    May 25, 2013, 1:18 pm   /  Reply

this is the hardest thing for me to remember to do! I have to always remember to take my worries to the lord!

5. Carol
    June 26, 2013, 12:32 pm   /  Reply

Learned a lot from reading this you’re supposed to forgive so God can forgive you Amen thank you Jesus Amen thank you Jesus I’m learning more and more everyday

6. Jane
    September 18, 2013, 8:32 am   /  Reply

I know that everyone and every family have problem, that I do except . I have been hurt Mentally but I’v never gave up on the Lord . But I admit that during my trail I gave up and blame myself and God for it all. I know things happen for a reason but what is the hardest of all is forgiveness. I prayed and cried it all to God . In this trail I am not the only one hurt but my sisters and my Mother. He keeps on leaving us and coming back with the same result , so over time I’v lost faith in him and trust and love. I’v spent over 8 years trying to forgive him and i did . He came again and just when my eyes and heart were opening he shuts it off . The Bible talks about obeying parents now my question is what am I doing wrong? I don’t hate him but I don’t love him either does that fall in the category of disobedience ? I obey him by not replying keeping in all of my negative inside but my action reflect more than words. I respect him because he is my father but no matter how hard I try or he try we never on good terms. He hurt us pretty badly and does not even know it. Every time we mention it he doesn’t want to bother . He knows God but he wants to be in control of his life. I love God and my sister do too I know him and will never push him away no matter what may happen.
    Am I being disobedience ? Have I forgiven him?
    I want to know before getting Baptize .
    I want to live for God and not for Me or what I think is right.
    But how can I fight if I don’t even know what Battle to fight?

7. Nichole
    September 23, 2013, 3:06 am   /  Reply

Learning to let go and let God has been the best decision ever. Thankyou Jesus for being the one to bare my burdens!!

8. autumn
    November 4, 2013, 7:24 pm   /  Reply

Wow I needed this. On a daily basis!

9. rebecca
    January 24, 2014, 7:55 am   /  Reply

wow!!! this was so touching and helped me a lot.I have been going somethings looking for answer from the lord to wanting to know if he isn’t hearing my prays seeing my concerns because off this i remembered something very important and also that nothing happens before its time in his timing it will happen. thank you Jesus for being my strenght ,buckler,shield,hope,grace,protector and very thing else I LOVE YOU Lord !!!!

10. Adriana cruz
    September 13, 2014, 1:23 pm   /  Reply

i Don’t have much friends. cuz i changed my life& got drug free. I have been free of drugs for like 4 years. But only by the grace of the Loving Father. Without him im nothing. But i would love to meet me some really cool Christian who my have been down the same road or lost someone friend/ Family to this ugly addiction. But not only has been their, but The Lord totally used ur store to help others, ect

e
    e

11. Kim West
    September 16, 2014, 9:12 am   /  Reply

I have just in the last few months started going to church, and im having a really hard time with this one, i do want to forgive everyone that’s ever wronged me, but i have such so much anger that i have lived with for so many years im just having a hard time letting go of it. Maybe because I’ve lived with for so many years, alot of it since childhood. I will continue to work on this and I will not give up. I would really love to see what it was like to go through a day at peace.

12. Gladys
    March 23, 2015, 7:02 am   /  Reply

I pray that God continues to show us mercy and His Devine Love in Jesus name , just know that for every broken moment, every tear, every desperation, every anxious cry out for help we will see more of His gracious glory and blessing because that is when He shows Himself in His strongest Holiness !!!

13. May 8, 2015, 8:30 pm   /  Reply

God is good for dat i greatfull

14. phumi
    July 2, 2015, 1:01 am   /  Reply

I don’t know where to start my situation is my mum and I relationship we not close as she is with my sister she treats her different and always allow her to get away with everything she’s not working but my mum makes sure she get everything she needs I’m working but always compared to her it hurt I have tried talking to her but I don’t think she will ever understand what it feels like to have to be treated like u not good enough please help me pray for my situation I need to heal

15. February 18, 2016, 6:29 pm   /  Reply

Can I simply say what a relief to uncover somebody who
    actually understands what they are talking about online.
    You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    A lot more people must check this out and understand this side of your story.

It’s surprising you aren’t more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

16. Gwen
    March 30, 2016, 2:56 am   /  Reply

Thanks for this website it has been a blessing today

17. Colleen M McKinstry
    April 19, 2016, 7:13 pm   /  Reply

Thank you for sharing this…It comes at a good time in lifes trials….

18. Lisa keller
    February 26, 2017, 9:02 am   /  Reply

Thank you Lord for each and everything you have done in my life and others..also thank you for these daily devotionals, I just found this website and it come not a minute to late..life saver literally..Thanks be to GOD Amen and Amen