Give it All to Jesus

Forgiving and forgetting is one of the most difficult things for a person to do. But whenever we give our hurts to the Lord and tell Him, “Jesus, take this. I don’t want it anymore. I’m tired of it,” He covers the wounds and hurts and pain with His love and makes us whole again.

The Lord understands every situation and the heart of every man. We may never understand why someone acted a certain way or why they did whatever it was they did to us, but it’s not a matter of understanding, it’s a matter of forgiving. Yet forgiving is often difficult; it doesn’t come naturally. That’s why the Lord says we need His help to do it. We get the love and grace to forgive from Him.

Bad things happen to everyone. It’s how we handle troubles, problems, hurts, and disappointments that counts. When we allow ourselves to become resentful over things that hurt us, resentfulness will lead to bitterness. And bitterness, if it is allowed to follow its course, will make us weaker and weaker in spirit. With time, the heart and mind will be more receptive to other negative thoughts about other situations and other people. Bitterness is like a plow that prepares the heart for the seeds of dissatisfaction and discouragement. If you don’t let it all go and give it to the Lord, it will eventually destroy you and probably do a lot of damage to others in the process.

When you have bitterness or resentment in your heart, you often don’t see things clearly. Even special little things, little rewards of the Lord’s love, don’t mean as much because bitterness blinds you to the good. But once you give that to the Lord, you can see things better and feel and experience the Lord’s love a lot more.

It’s not as though that hurt or pain never happened, but the Lord is able to take those circumstances and turn them into something beautiful in your life.

Nothing can change the fact that those bad things happened, but the effect that they have on you today can be changed. They can be buried, they can be left behind, they can be shed, and victory can come out of them. Good can come of it, and you can find freedom in letting those things go. It’s not as though that hurt or pain never happened, but the Lord is able to take those circumstances–as dark, sad, hurtful, painful, or unjust as they may have been–and turn them into something beautiful in your life.

When you truly give it all to the Lord, then He’s able to pour the elixir of His love, with all its healing power, into your heart in full measure. He can soothe, He can mend, He can heal any hurt, any pain, any past, and He will. All that He asks is that you let go.

It’s also good to remind yourself that you also need forgiveness. Jesus said that if we forgive those who have wronged us, our Father in Heaven would also forgive us (Mark 11:25-26). When you realize that you have also made mistakes or wrong decisions that have hurt others and that you also need a lot of forgiveness and mercy, it helps you to extend forgiveness and mercy to others.

And of course once you’ve given it all to the Lord, you need to keep giving it to Him. Once you have forgiven and forgotten, you need to carefully guard your spirit and fight critical thoughts that could lead to future resentment and bitterness. You must learn to resist the temptation to dwell on hurts and think bad thoughts about people who wrong you. This negative, critical attitude will eat away at you. It will make you unhappy, unfulfilled, dissatisfied, discontented, and bitter.

Keep coming to the Lord and loving Him and committing all to Him, and He will never fail you. Even if people fail or situations fail or you feel like you’ve failed, the Lord never fails! His plan never fails, His love never fails, and He has His hand on your life. If you can believe and act on that, you’ll be a lot happier.

Forgive, forget, forsake bitterness, and move forward. As you do, He will fill you with His Spirit; He will give you a loving, tender, compassionate, giving heart; He will make you a stronger, better person; and He will be able to use you as a vessel of His love and a pillar that others can lean on. In other words, He will make you more like Him!

Warning: getimagesize(): corrupt JPEG data: 5204 extraneous bytes before marker in /home/tree/public_html/wp-content/themes/bounce/lib/scripts/aq_resizer/aq_resizer.php on line 42

Warning: getimagesize(): corrupt JPEG data: 5204 extraneous bytes before marker in /home/tree/public_html/wp-content/themes/bounce/lib/scripts/aq_resizer/aq_resizer.php on line 47
Making Things Right, From Jesus

Making Things Right, From Jesus

Forgiveness vs. Revenge

Forgiveness vs. Revenge

Prayer for the Day, Trusting God

Prayer for the Day, Trusting God

1. October 8, 2017, 11:07 pm   /  Reply

I can not ever seem to forgive myself. I have had the ugly devil on me for so long that he has convinced me that I am unworthy of the love of God. My mother helped that out tremendously. I just dont know how to love myself

• Julaika
      June 26, 2018, 7:58 pm   /  Reply

You see there’s a scripture that reads even your mother or father might forsake they but I the Lord will never forsake thee.
      It’s hard when it comes from someone who you were thought to love and respect who raised you who you thought could do not wrong .
      But the truth of the matter is that they are human just like us and they have also fallen short of the glory of God.
      I know cause I’m going tru a similar situation.
      But remember Jesus can heal every wound in fact he is begging for us to come to him so he can embrace us with his love.
      So we may cry on his shoulders so we can give him our burdens and let him make them light.
      The only way to get over this is to ask God to intercede in the situation and to help us forgive them with 100% sincerity.
      I hope this makes it easier for you remember Jesus loves you.

2. October 8, 2017, 11:18 pm   /  Reply

See there a prime example, I just opened up and finally told my biggest problem. the devil erased my whole paragraph. I almost just left the site , but hear I am. Gue, I ss I am tired of loosing to the devil in all his shapes. I know he has had my mother right at arms reach and has used her time an again. To keep my head held n shame so much-to the fact that I cant hold my head up.. I would love to be able to give it to god. But i cannot see myself as able to be frogiving

• Julaika
      June 26, 2018, 7:59 pm   /  Reply

I know cause I’m going tru a similar situation.
      I hope this makes it easier for you remember god is love.

• Julaika
      June 26, 2018, 8:00 pm   /  Reply

You are not alone there are many of us going trough the same thing.
      I hope this makes it easier for you remember god is love.

3. Tonya Lawson
    March 18, 2018, 8:53 pm   /  Reply

How do you let go and let God have his way when you was hurt all your life by people you thought you can trust l have a lot of bitterness effect my relationship with God and my family l need help I don’t want to loose God and my family so what can I to better my relationship with God and my family

• Julaika
      June 26, 2018, 7:45 pm   /  Reply

That is a very good question.
      You see my situation is no better than yours, I’m going tru family rivalry.
      But it made me search harder for the Lord.
      Cause what the devil is trying to do is keep me from getting what is really mine…which is the blessing that I was born to receive.
      The love God has for me, the kingdom of heaven, he doesn’t want me to sit in the seat that Jesus went to prepare for me.
      I know when it comes to family it’s hard to say I forgive you and really mean it.
      You see it doesn’t matter if a friend hurts you or a stranger but when it comes to family it just seems to sting and burn like an eternal flame.
      I’m not telling you not to forgive them but I’m telling you to ask God to forgive you and them.
      Maybe you’ve both hurt one and other but just give it to Jesus.
      He’ll know what to do with it.
      He’ll forgive you and them.
      I hope this helped remember that Jesus loves you.

4. August 11, 2018, 3:23 pm   /  Reply

And He does help you, every breath, every thought, every action He is there, always ready for you to call on Him, repent my child and as I do, I am forgiven, no matter what, unconditionally, He is there. I choose a life of being a Believer in The Fathet in Heaven, His Son, Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, His Spirit is within Me๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—I am a Child of God. My birthright is Abundance in life, radiant health, all the riches in Heaven are mine on Earth if I choose them. One must have a God Conscious mind of Abundance neaning; no thoughts of lack, to flourish & thrive your thoughts must think such things and they come to you. I am…are the 2 most powerful words in your mind, use them to state all the God given gifts you have been blessed with and more will come to you. He wants us to be happy, joyous, free, blissful and in Awe of Him and His Works & His Ways. Let your heart be grateful from the moment you arise until you rest at night… Be grateful and Thank Him and Bless His Name, For the Lord is Good, His Mercy is Everlasting and His Truth Shall Set You Free…๐Ÿ’—Amen๐Ÿ’—