As Pure Gold

Nothing “bad” happens to a Christian without some good reason. “All things work together for good to those who love God” (Romans 8:28). Don’t worry about the times of testing and weakness, thinking that you must have done something terribly wrong. What you feel is the Lord’s tender hand upon you, making you into the person He knows you can be. He’s not punishing you, He’s testing and refining you and making you even more beautiful in spirit. He’s making your inner beauty shine for all to see.

As hard as it is, these breakings and remakings are inevitable. He must make you weak. He must make you humble. He must make you desperate for Him and His help. But in this time of weakness, as you acknowledge your dependence on Him, He will come to your rescue, give you strength of spirit, and shape your character in ways that would otherwise not be possible.

You’re in His hands and He will perfect that which concerns you (Psalm 138:8). So don’t be angry or bitter at the Lord for these testings, which are only for a time. You will rejoice and be grateful when you look back and see how this was necessary for Him to accomplish His good purpose.

* * *

In ancient times, goldsmiths had a simple but sure method to determine when the refining process had purged away all the base metals and other extraneous matter from the gold ore. When a goldsmith could see his face reflected in the molten metal in his cupel, he knew that the refining fire had worked its purifying purpose; only pure gold remained.

Job said, “When God has tested me, I shall come forth as gold” (Job 23:10).

King Solomon wrote, “The refining pot is for silver and the furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the hearts” (Proverbs 17:3).

The apostle Peter wrote, “Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you” (1 Peter 4:12).

When God sees the image of His Son reflected in our lives, He knows that His purifying fires have achieved their purpose.

* * *

No matter what happens to those called “His own,”
Events that are awful or grand,
Every trial of your life He sends from His Throne;
Things just don’t happen; they’re planned.
–Alice Reynolds Flower

1. Robert Schwinn
    July 30, 2013, 11:43 am   /  Reply

This is very encouraging. I am struggling through some difficult times right now, but I can already see that I am stronger for going through them.

2. Pinki Mosenogi
    August 25, 2013, 3:48 am   /  Reply

This has really uplifted my spirit. I’m going through tough times. On the 9th August my car was stolen. The following week it was recovered. When I thought that was over the thieves came again n this time they took all of my wheels. The scriptures and the message written have really poured more oil in seeking God’s presences. May the Holy One bless u all.

3. alizaine
    October 23, 2013, 4:53 pm   /  Reply

This is really a good way of reminding us as individuals that GOD has a plan with everything HE do.I’m going through though times but now I can see who is my real friends but GOD instead is always a friend in times of need.Have faith that everything will be ok at the end

4. Shamili
    November 4, 2013, 12:52 pm   /  Reply

Very encouraging 🙂 Praise the lord 🙂

5. Sarah
    August 1, 2014, 8:02 am   /  Reply

It’s a great reminder,yes with GOD nothing bad happens without a reason….Amazing!!!

6. Michelle Stephens
    November 14, 2014, 8:13 pm   /  Reply

Yea this just pleased my soul that though I walk through the valley GOD helping me through out it all. The good or the bad God is working it out for my gooood.

7. Sara
    January 23, 2015, 9:55 pm   /  Reply

This is such a comforting read, and something I have always known. This reminder just helps people to get through those tough times of being tested weather it’s just everyday life, or some heavy trials and tribulations that we are occasionally faced and forced to deal with. I know that I can always rest easy and take comfort knowing it’s all part of God’s plan and eventually, once I have learned the lesson presented to me, he will take care of everything. Praise the Lord.

8. Brenda taylor
    September 12, 2015, 8:18 pm   /  Reply

As I read this today, I was reminded that this stress I and my family are under right now will come out exactly as God has planned. I knew that from the beginning but I so needed to see it in print today. God is and will always be in control and I praise him today for his love and grace without which I would be lost.

9. Precious
    April 30, 2016, 3:30 pm   /  Reply

Woooow very incouraging am also going a trial time my future husband to be has a child with someone else during the time of our relationship now am stuck I forgave him but forgetting is so difficult and this changed me am now becoming a very hard hearted person and I thank God for this article it really helped me. God has a reason for all this and it will work out on my good Hallelujah

• April 4, 2017, 12:01 pm   /  Reply

Dear Precious, I will pray for you and your situation. I don’t know if you are married by now but I find this to be very sad. What a tragedy it would be if you allow the actions and choices of another​ person to change you from a loving child of God into a bitter victem​ of Satan’s. You deserve to be treated with love and respect at all times.

10. Gloria
    May 7, 2017, 8:36 am   /  Reply

As long as my heavenly Father got my back, I will be alright, I am nothing with out
    Him, He ‘s my everything! Glory to your Holy name Thank you Jesus! Bless you